The story normally goes that when the guy is gone, the house falls apart and everything in the house breaks. That means that I wasn't exactly surprised then when I couldn't start the lawnmower. Now, I've started lawnmowers before, and mowed lawns a number of times, so I'm not an idiot right? I call up my dad to see if he has any thoughts and he asks the typical "got gas in it? you press the little pump button?" of course i answer yes and even check the oil, but still cant get the damn thing to start. My brother comes over, walks up to the lawnmower, and wouldnt you know it? it starts! "jenn, hold in the clutch!" oops, machines:01 blonde:00!
Now since I'm already on a roll, I'm also having problems with the car. For some reason it doesn't want to turn well, especially in reverse. It reminds me of when you have the e-brake on and it will move, but not well. So i make an appt with the hummer dealership and figured since i should get my oil changed soon i could get it all looked at, but its going to be Monday before i can take it in. By the time i come home this evening (given i drove maybe 40 or so miles all day, so not too bad) i notice that there are skid marks on the driveway. I got real concerned and called my neighbor to come watch as i backed up to see if any of the tires were not spinning. I start backing up for him and he follows the car and then looks over at me and asks, "umm, jenn, do you have it locked in 4wd?" I look over at it, and sure enough, it was locked in 4-high. Since its 4wd all the time, i never really need it in anything else, so i don't even think of checking to see if the kids messed with it. Funny, works fine now! Wore down the tires but barely and no other damage, damn I'm glad i own a hummer! Final score: machines:02 blonde:00!
1 comment:
Our lawn mower allways takes at least 15 tries to get warmed up enough to cooperate. It wokes out to about 10 minites of me swearing at it ans sweating before she caves and starts.
Post a Comment