Friday, January 9, 2009

The cats are outta the bag

So I made it through December. It was a very tough and emotional month, but I made it. I'll admit to my benefit though, my focus ended up getting shifted a bit. As life would have it, a week before Jaret's due date I found out i was prego yet again, this time due August 25 (a little over a week after the 1 year anniversary of Jaret's death). Jason kept harassing me with the "fact" that we were obviously having twins (a boy AND a girl), which i laughed off since in the history of my family, twins have never happened. We decided to keep completely silent on the whole baby matter until i was a lot farther along....and then i had my first appt that changed everything...

I had an early ultrasound done this week just to make sure everything was ok and put everyone's mind at ease considering what happened this summer. After going into the ultrasound room half an hour late, i lay on the table and wait to see the first pictures of our little one. I look up at the screen as she puts the wand on my belly and jason blurts out "THERE'S TWO PEANUTS! I TOLD YOU SO!" The tech laughs and congratulates us on our upcoming twins. I think i went a whiter shade of pale at that point. After all, look back 300 years of my family and there are NO twins! NONE! These lil ones we can tell are fraternal because they they have their own very distinct lil sacs etc according to the tech. My dr informed me that they don't like to go past week 38, so the twins will be born by august 10 it looks like.

Well, that explains the fact that I'm more sick than i've ever been and my pants are getting too tight too soon. Needless to say keepin that one a secret wasn't going to happen. I think the members of my family either thought i was joking or wanted to die when i told them. This is gonna be fun! I'm gonna be a whale! lol

No comments: