As much as my parents tried so hard to protect us kids when we were little, crap still happens. I have spent almost 18 years of my life smiling and covering up certain harsh realities of my life. I'm not one to play victim, but i also cant lie and say things that happened when i was young didn't royally f*** me up. Those who know what happened understand, those that don't...well..only ask if you truly want to know.
So here i am, 25 years old, and as happy as i am with my life, yet again scars get ripped open, memories flood my mind, and i consciously stop myself from breaking something for the umpteenth time in my life. im used to it by now, but it still happens, it doesn't go away. I look at the bad situations i was in during college and as horrific as they were, i cant say they should've been a surprise after all the other crap when i was lil. We are a conglomeration of our experiences, both good and bad. I think i can finally say i'm not a broken little girl anymore...still hurt, but not broken. Each time the past haunts, i learn, i'm stronger now. Soon the scars will close again, the pain and memories go back into their little box and i move on again...moving forward again until my guard gets worn down again and it breaks free...the story of my life...
1 comment:
Hey, I know I’ve been virtually worthless as a friend for some time now but I figured now would be a decent time to say some things I never did. You were one of my closest friends back in high school, you helped me out a lot. I always meant to tell you but then I went away to college. I really respect you and I don’t really have a good response for the post, in a situation a simple hug seems the best course. But instead I offer a picture of my own discovery. (I didn’t make it……but I wish I did.)
http://mariankretschmer.deviantart.com/art/Art-is-incompatible-with-luck-69583700
The rest of the artwork is a bit dicey but I liked this one.
Post a Comment